Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Playing with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.

It's been over a month since I posted anything to my Blog.  I really should post more often.  Since my Stash N Stuff store on Etsy has been going so well, yesterday I felt like being creative instead of cutting out die cuts for my store.

I decided to play around with my Distress Inks by Tim Holtz that I haven't done anything with yet.  I had a new Sizzix pumpkin die-cut that I started with.  After cutting these cute pumpkins I decided to ink them up a little with the Distress Inks.  First I inked up an old small background stamp from Stampin Up with black and stamped some little specks on the pumpkins.  Inked the pumpkin with Distress inks, I believe it was the Spiced Marmalade that I used. Then I inked up the edges with Tea Dye and the stem with Peeled Paint.  In the first picture you can see the difference a little ink will make, brings the pumpkins to life.





 I was quite happy with the way my pumpkins turned out.  Now I thought what do I do with them so I decided to create some tags playing around with more of the Tim Holtz Distress Inks and stamps I had.

I created three tags as I enjoyed getting my fingers full of ink.  Ink pads all over my table as well as stamps.  Here's what I came up with.  This is not usually my style of card and tag creating but is was a lot of fun playing around with this type of inking and creating.  Feel free to leave comments and let me now what you think.  Here are my tag creations, now don't they just make you want to create and get your fingers full of ink.

1 comment:

  1. All 3 tags are beautiful Susan!! Really nice work with the distress inks.
    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete